Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics
- Greater use of preventive services in US health care could save lives at little or no cost.Health Aff. 2010; 29: 1656-1660
- Clinical preventive services for women: closing the gaps.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- Pregnancy-related mortality in the United States, 2006-2010.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 5-12
- Global, regional, and national levels and causes of maternal mortality during 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2014; 384: 980-1004
- The effects of unintended pregnancy on infant, child, and parental health: a review of the literature.Stud Fam Plann. 2008; 39: 18-38
- Birth spacing and risk of adverse perinatal outcomes: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1809-1823
- Effect of interpregnancy interval on birth outcomes: findings from three recent US studies.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2005; 89: S25-S33
- The power of the pill: oral contraceptives and women's career and marriage decisions.National bureau of economic research, Cambridge (MA)2000
- Career and marriage in the age of the pill.Am Econ Rev. 2000; 90: 461-465
- Unintended pregnancy and taxpayer spending.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2011; 43: 88-93
- US insurance coverage of contraceptives and the impact of contraceptive coverage mandates, 2002.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2004; 36: 72-79
- Employer health benefits. 2010 Annual Survey.Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Chicago (IL)2008
- Medicaid and family planning: background and implications of the ACA. Issue Brief.Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Chicago (IL)2015
- Cost-benefit analysis of the California Family PACT Program for calendar year 2007.Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, San Francisco (CA)2010
- Take charge final evaluation: first five years, July 2001-June 2006.Research and Data Analysis Division, Department of Social and Health Services, Olympia (WA)2006
Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Women's Health Program Annual Report. 2008. Available at: http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/reports/2010/WHP_2008AnnualReport.pdf. Accessed May 5, 2015.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Family planning services option and new benefit rules for benchmark plans. State Medicaid Director Letter. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services; 2010.
- Evaluation of Medicaid family planning demonstrations. CMS Contract No. 752-2-415921.CNA Corporation, Alexandria (VA)2003
Guttmacher Institute. Medicaid family planning eligibility expansions; state policies in brief. 2015. Available at: http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_SMFPE.pdf. Accessed May 10, 2015.
Center on Budget Policy and Priorities. How health reform's medicaid expansion will impact state budgets. Available at: http://www.cbpp.org/research/how-health-reforms-medicaid-expansion-will-impact-state-budgets. Accessed May 2, 2015.
- The impact of out-of-pocket costs on the use of intrauterine contraception among women with employer-sponsored insurance.Med Care. 2013; 51: 959-963
- A comparison of contraceptive procurement pre- and post-benefit change.Contraception. 2007; 76: 360-365
- The Contraceptive CHOICE Project: reducing barriers to long-acting reversible contraception.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 115.e1-115.e7
- Preventing unintended pregnancies by providing no-cost contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1291
- Contraceptive failure in the United States.Contraception. 2004; 70: 89-96
- Effectiveness of long-acting reversible contraception.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1998-2007
- Burden of unintended pregnancy in the United States: potential savings with increased use of long-acting reversible contraception.Contraception. 2013; 87: 154-161
- Impact of the federal contraceptive coverage guarantee on out-of-pocket payments for contraceptives: 2014 update.Contraception. 2015; 91: 44-48
IMS Institute of Healthcare Informatics. Medicine use and the shifting costs of healthcare: a review of the use of medicines in the United States in 2013. 2014. Available at: http://www.imshealth.com/deployedfiles/imshealth/Global/Content/Corporate/IMS%20Health%20Institute/Reports/Secure/IIHI_US_Use_of_Meds_for_2013.pdf. Accessed April 27, 2015.
The Henry J Kaiser Foundation. Status of state action on the medicaid expansion decision. 2015. Available at: http://kff.org/health-reform/state-indicator/state-activity-around-expanding-medicaid-under-the-affordable-care-act/. Accessed on July 13, 2015.
The Henry J Kaiser Foundation. A closer look at the impact of state decisions not to expand Medicaid on coverage for uninsured adults. Available at: http://kff.org/health-reform/state-indicator/state-activity-around-expanding-medicaid-under-the-affordable-care-act/. Accessed on April 29, 2015.
- The coverage gap: uninsured poor adults in states that do not expand Medicaid–an update.Kaiser Family Foundation, Chicago (IL)2014
- Estimating the impact of expanding Medicaid eligibility for family planning services: 2011 update.Guttmacher Institute, New York2011: 38
The Henry J Kasier Foundation. Grandfathering explained. 2011. Available at: http://kff.org/search/?s=grandfathering+explained. Accessed May 1, 2015.
The Kaiser Family Foundation and Health Research and Educational Trust. Employer Health Benefits 2014 Annual Survey. 2014. Available at: http://kff.org/health-costs/report/2014-employer-health-benefits-survey/. Accessed April 29, 2015.
- Implementing the federal contraceptive coverage guarantee: progress and prospects.Guttmacher Policy Rev. 2013; 16: 8-12
FDA. Birth control guide. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForConsumers/ByAudience/ForWomen/FreePublications/UCM356451.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2015.
- Coverage of contraceptive services: a review of health insurance plans in five states.Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Chicago (IL)2015
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. FAQs about the Affordable Care Act Implementation (Part XXVI). Department of Health and Human Services, 2015. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Fact-Sheets-and-FAQs/Downloads/aca_implementation_faqs26.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2015.
- ACA implementation: the court challenges continue.Ann Health Law. 2014; 23: 200-228
American Civil Liberties Union. Challenges to the Federal Contraceptive Rule. 2015. Available at: https://www.aclu.org/challenges-federal-contraceptive-coverage-rule. Accessed May 1, 2015.
NFIB v Sebelius. 567_U.S. (2012), 132 S. Ct.2566.
King v Burwell. 576_U.S. (2015), 14–114.
Health and Human Services. Coverage of certain preventive services under the Affordable Care Act - final rules. 45 CFR 147131. Federal Register. 2013-15866. Washington, DC: Government Publishing Office; 2013.
Guttmacher Institute. New rules detail compromise for contraceptive coverage guarantee 2013. Available at: http://www.guttmacher.org/media/inthenews/2013/07/01/. Accessed May 1, 2015.
Health and Human Services. Exemption and accommodations in connection with coverage of preventive health services. I45 CFR 147131. Federal Register. Washington, DC: Government Publishing Office; 2013.
Wheaton College vs Burwell. 573_US. 2014.
- Attitudes about mandated coverage of birth control medication and other health benefits in a US national sample.JAMA. 2014; 311: 2539-2541
- How does religious affiliation affect women's attitudes toward reproductive health policy? Implications for the Affordable Care Act.Contraception. 2015; 91: 513-519