Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics
- U S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2010.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010; 59: 1-86
- U.S. Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use, 2013: adapted from the World Health Organization Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use, 2nd Edition.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013; 62: 1-60
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). U S. medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use. 2010. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr59e0528a1.htm.
- Accuracy of home pregnancy tests at the time of missed menses.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 100-105
- Natural limits of pregnancy testing in relation to the expected menstrual period.JAMA. 2001; 286: 1759-1761
- Human chorionic gonadotropin in maternal plasma after induced abortion, spontaneous abortion, and removed ectopic pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 64: 391-394
- Disappearance of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin and Its Alpha- and Beta-Subunits after Term Pregnancy.Clin Chem. 1997; 43: 2155-2163
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). U.S. Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use. 2013. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6205a1.htm?s_cid=rr6205a1_w.
- Immediate Start of Hormonal Contraceptives for Contraception.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; (CD006260)
- When can a woman have an intrauterine device inserted? A systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 666-673
- When can a woman start combined hormonal contraceptives (CHCs)? A systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 524-538
- Immediate Start of Hormonal Contraceptives for Contraception.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; (CD006260. The Cochrane Collaboration (Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 2008))
- Initiation of oral contraceptives using a quick start compared with a conventional start: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 1270-1276
- Initiation of progestogen-only injectables on different days of the menstrual cycle and its effect on contraceptive effectiveness and compliance: a systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 576-582
- Maternal use of oral contraceptives and risk of fetal death.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2008; 22: 334-340
- Oral contraception and congenital malformations in offspring: a review and meta-analysis of the prospective studies.Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 76: 552-557
- Use of oral contraceptives in pregnancy and major structural birth defects in offspring.Epidemiology. 2010; 21: 232-239
- Pregnancy outcomes with an IUD in situ: a systematic review.Contraception. 2012; 85: 131-139
- How does the number of oral contraceptive pill packs dispensed or prescribed affect continuation and other measures of consistent and correct use? A systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 605-610
- Number of oral contraceptive pill packages dispensed, method continuation, and costs.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 108: 1107-1114
- The effect of pack supply on oral contraceptive pill continuation: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 615-622
- Number of oral contraceptive pill packages dispensed and subsequent unintended pregnancies.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 566-572
- Effect of counseling to improve compliance in mexican women receiving depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate.Contraception. 2001; 63: 143-146
- Effect of pretreatment counseling on discontinuation rates in chinese women given depo-medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraception.Contraception. 1996; 53: 357-361
- The postpartum visit: it’s time for a change in order to optimally initiate contraception.Contraception. 2008; 78: 90-98
- Contraception and Lactation.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2007; 52: 614-620
- Combined oral contraceptive use among breastfeeding women: a systematic review.Contraception. 2010; 82: 10-16
- Combined Hormonal versus Nonhormonal versus Progestin-Only Contraception in Lactation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; (CD003988)
- Intrauterine device insertion in the postpartum period: a systematic review.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2015; 20: 4-18
- Postplacental or delayed insertion of the levonorgestrel intrauterine device after vaginal delivery: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1079-1087
- Use of combined oral contraceptives post abortion.Contraception. 2009; 80: 355-362
- Intrauterine devices and pelvic inflammatory disease: an international perspective.Lancet. 1992; 339: 785-788
- Blood pressure measurement prior to initiating hormonal contraception: a systematic review.Contraception. 2013; 87: 631-638
- Acute Myocardial Infarction and Combined Oral Contraceptives: Results of an International Multicentre Case-Control Study. WHO Collaborative Study of Cardiovascular Disease and Steroid Hormone Contraception.Lancet. 1997; 349: 1202-1209
- Ischaemic Stroke and Combined Oral Contraceptives: Results of an International, Multicentre, Case-Control Study. WHO Collaborative Study of Cardiovascular Disease and Steroid Hormone Contraception.Lancet. 1996; 348: 498-505
- Weight gain in obese and nonobese adolescent girls initiating depot medroxyprogesterone, oral contraceptive pills, or no hormonal contraceptive method.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 40-45
- Early weight gain related to later weight gain in adolescents on depot medroxyprogesterone acetate.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 793-797
Disclosures: The authors have nothing to disclose.