Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics
- Trends in out-of-hospital births in the United States, 1990–2012.NCHS Data Brief. 2014; : 1-8
Organization WHO. Trends in maternal mortality: 1990 to 2013. Estimates by WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, The World Bank and the United Nations Population Division. Geneva (Switzerland): WHO; 2014.
- Postplacental insertion of the levonorgestrel intrauterine device after cesarean delivery vs. delayed insertion: a randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2014; 89: 534-539
- Barriers to intrauterine device insertion in postpartum women.Contraception. 2005; 72: 426-429
Global Health Observatory (GHO) Data. World Health Organization; 2015. Available at: http://www.who.int/gho/health_workforce/nursing_midwifery_density/en/. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Factors influencing uptake of intrauterine devices among postpartum adolescents: a qualitative study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 40.e1-40.e7
- What is it about intrauterine devices that women find unacceptable? Factors that make women non-users: a qualitative study.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2006; 32: 89-94
- Pain from copper intrauterine device insertion: randomized trial of prophylactic ibuprofen.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 1272-1277
- A comparison of the actual and expected pain response following insertion of an intrauterine contraceptive device.Clin Reprod Fertil. 1985; 3: 65-71
- Use and effectiveness of oral analgesia when fitting an intrauterine device.J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2003; 29: 150-151
- Prophylactic ibuprofen does not improve pain with IUD insertion: a randomized trial.Contraception. 2015; 91: 193-197
- Postplacental or delayed insertion of the levonorgestrel intrauterine device after vaginal delivery: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1079-1087
- A comparative study of two techniques used in immediate postplacental insertion (IPPI) of the Copper T-380A IUD in Shanghai, People's Republic of China.Contraception. 1996; 54: 33-38
- Committee opinion no. 539: adolescents and long-acting reversible contraception: implants and intrauterine devices.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 983-988
- The levonorgestrel intrauterine system in nulliparous women.Contraception. 2007; 75: S12-S15
- Association of age and parity with intrauterine device expulsion.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 718-726
- Intrauterine device insertion during the postpartum period: a systematic review.Contraception. 2009; 80: 327-336
- Intracesarean insertion of the Copper T380A versus 6 weeks postcesarean: a randomized clinical trial.Contraception. 2015; 91: 198-203
- Clinical outcomes of early postplacental insertion of intrauterine contraceptive devices.Contraception. 2004; 69: 279-282
- Expulsions in immediate postpartum insertions of Lippes Loop D and Copper T IUDs and their counterpart Delta devices–an epidemiological analysis.Contraception. 1985; 32: 119-134
- Immediate post-partum insertion of intrauterine devices.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; (CD003036)
- Risk of uterine perforation with levonorgestrel-releasing and copper intrauterine devices in the European Active Surveillance Study on Intrauterine Devices.Contraception. 2015; 91: 274-279
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. US Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraception Use, 2010: Adapted from the World Health Organization Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 4th edition. MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-4):1-88.
- Timing of postpartum intrauterine device placement: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Fertil Steril. 2015; 103: 131-137
Disclosure Statement: S.W. Prager trains providers in Nexplanon insertion and removal (receives no honoraria). E.E. McCoy has nothing to disclose.