Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics
- Disparities in rates of unintended pregnancy in the United States, 1994 and 2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2006; 38: 90-96
- Contraceptive use among U.S. women having abortions in 2000-2001.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2002; 34: 294-303
- Age, parity, history of abortion and contraceptive choices affect the risk of repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 149-154
- Impact of immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine contraception on repeat abortion.Contraception. 2008; 78: 143-148
- Disappearance of human chorionic gonadotropin and resumption of ovulation following abortion.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1979; 135: 731-736
- Contraceptive effectiveness of immediate compared with delayed insertion of intrauterine devices after abortion: a decision analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 1286-1294
- Insertion of an intrauterine contraceptive device after induced or spontaneous abortion: a review of the evidence.BJOG Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 2001; 108: 1168-1173
- Immediate placement of intrauterine devices after first and second trimester pregnancy termination.Contraception. 2011; 83: 34-40
- Immediate postabortal insertion of intrauterine devices.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; (CD001777)
- Immediate versus delayed IUD insertion after uterine aspiration.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2208-2217
- Immediate versus delayed insertion of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device following dilation and evacuation: a randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2012; 85: 240-245
- Immediate vs. delayed post-abortal copper T 380A IUD insertion in cases over 12 weeks of gestation.Contraception. 2011; 83: 522-527
- Insertion of intrauterine contraceptives immediately following first- and second-trimester abortions.Contraception. 2009; 79: 397-402
- Association of age and parity with intrauterine device expulsion.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 718-726
- Long-term contraception with the levonorgestrel 20 mcg/day (LNg 20) and the copper T 380Ag intrauterine devices: a five-year randomized study.Contraception. 1990; 42: 361-378
- 2010 STD treatment guidelines.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010; 59 (Available at:) (Accessed May 14, 2015): 1-110
- Screening for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement Screening for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 902-910
- U.S. selected practice recommendations for contraceptive use.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013; 62: 1-46
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Practice bulletin: second trimester abortion. June 2013.
- Prevention of infection after induced abortion.Contraception. 2011; 83: 295-309
- Antibiotics at the time of induced abortion: the case for universal prophylaxis based on a meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 884-890
- Who has second-trimester abortions in the United States?.Contraception. 2012; 85: 544-551
- Risk factors associated with presenting for abortion in the second trimester.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 128-135
- Management of unintended and abnormal pregnancy: comprehensive abortion care.Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester (United Kingdom)2009
- Routine intraoperative ultrasonography for second trimester abortion reduces incidence of uterine perforation.J Ultrasound Med. 1989; 8: 71-75
Department of Reproductive Health. WHO | Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use, 4th edition. 2010. Available at: http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/family_planning/9789241563888/en/. Accessed May 14, 2015.
- The effect of immediate intrauterine device (IUD) insertion on bleeding patterns following first trimester suction aspiration.Fertil Steril. 2009; 92: S27
- Detailed analysis of menstrual bleeding patterns after postmenstrual and postabortal insertion of a copper IUD or a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.Contraception. 1996; 54: 201-208
Update to CDC’s U.S. Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use, 2010: revised recommendations for the use of contraceptive methods during the postpartum period. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6026a3.htm. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- Perforations with intrauterine devices: Report from a Swedish survey.Contraception. 1998; 57: 251-255
- WHO updates medical eligibility criteria for contraceptives.Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore (MD)2004
- Improving access to quality care in family planning: medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use. 3rd edition. World Health Organization, Geneva (Switzerland)2003
- Women’s questions after postabortion insertion of intrauterine contraception.Contraception. 2013; 88: 396-400
Disclosure Statement: Dr E. Patil has no disclosures. Dr P.H. Bednarek has served on an Advisory Board for Bayer.