Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Global surgery 2030: Evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development.The Lancet (British edition). 2015; 386 (Available at:): 569-624
United Nations. Transforming our world: The 2030 agenda for sustainable development. . 2015.
- Size and distribution of the global volume of surgery in 2012.Bull World Health Organ. 2016; 94 (Available at:): 201-209F
- Avoidable maternal and neonatal deaths associated with improving access to caesarean delivery in countries with low caesarean delivery rates: An ecological modelling analysis.The Lancet. 2015; 385 (Available at:): S33
- Trends and projections of caesarean section rates: Global and regional estimates.BMJ Glob Health. 2021; 6: e005671
- Global epidemiology of use of and disparities in caesarean sections.The Lancet. 2018; 392: 1341-1348
- Obstetricians’ opinions of the optimal caesarean rate: A global survey.PloS one. 2016; 11 (Available at:): e0152779
- What is the optimal rate of caesarean section at population level? A systematic review of ecologic studies.Reprod Health. 2015; 12 (Available at:): 57
- Searching for the optimal rate of medically necessary cesarean delivery.Birth (Berkeley, Calif.). 2014; 41 (Available at:): 237-244
- WHO statement on caesarean section rates.BJOG. 2016; 123 (Available at:): 667-670
- Relationship between cesarean delivery rate and maternal and neonatal mortality.JAMA. 2015; 314: 2263-2270
- Too many yet too few caesarean section deliveries in bangladesh: Evidence from bangladesh demographic and health surveys data.PLOS Glob Public Health. 2022; 2
- Interventions to reduce unnecessary caesarean sections in healthy women and babies.The Lancet. 2018; 392: 1358-1368
- Non-clinical interventions to reduce unnecessary caesarean sections: WHO recommendations.Bull World Health Organ. 2020; 98 (Available at:): 66-68
- Burden of surgical site infection following cesarean section in sub-saharan africa: A narrative review.Int J Women's Health. 2019; 11 (Available at:): 309-318
World Health Organization, Global Guidelines for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, Second Edition. patent CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO. 2018. Available at: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/global-guidelines-for-the-prevention-of-surgical-site-infection-2nd-ed. Accessed March 2022
- Maternal and perinatal mortality and complications associated with caesarean section in low-income and middle-income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis.The Lancet. 2019; 393: 1973-1982
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes after caesarean delivery in the african surgical outcomes study: A 7-day prospective observational cohort study.Lancet Glob Health. 2019; 7: e513-e522
- Why women bleed and how they are saved: A cross-sectional study of caesarean section near-miss morbidity.BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2017; 17 (Available at:): 15
- Near-miss maternal morbidity from severe haemorrhage at caesarean section : A process and structure audit of system deficiencies in south africa.SAMJ: South Afr Med J. 2017; 107 (Available at:): 1005-1009
- World Health Organization. Obstetric fistula.(Available at:)Accessed March 22, 2022)
- Fistula Care Plus. Iatrogenic fistula.(Available at:)Accessed March 22, 2022)
- Fistula Care Plus. Obstetric fistula.(Available at:)Accessed March 22, 2022)
- The ever-increasing importance of cancer as a leading cause of premature death worldwide.Cancer. 2021; 127 (Available at:): 3029-3030
- Disease control priorities. vol. 3. World Bank Publications, Washington2015 (Available at:) 3rd edition.
- The evolving epidemic of breast cancer in sub-Saharan africa: Results from the african cancer registry network.Int J Cancer. 2020; 147 (Available at:): 2131-2141
- The changing global patterns of female breast cancer incidence and mortality.Breast Cancer Res. 2004; 6 (Available at:): 229-239
- Global burden and trends in premenopausal and postmenopausal breast cancer: A population-based study.Lancet Glob Health. 2020; 8 (Available at:): e1027-e1037
- Perioperative patient outcomes in the african surgical outcomes study: A 7-day prospective observational cohort study.The Lancet. 2018; 391: 1589-1598
- Teamwork in healthcare: Key discoveries enabling safer, high-quality care.Am Psychol. 2018; 73 (Available at:): 433-450
- Analysis of errors reported by surgeons at three teaching hospitals.Surgery. 2003; 133: 614-621
- Development of a rating system for surgeons' non-technical skills.Med Educ. 2006; 40 (Available at:): 1098-1104
- A prospective study of patient safety in the operating room.Surgery. 2006; 139: 159-173
- Improving patient safety by identifying latent failures in successful operations.Surgery. 2007; 142 (Available at:): 102-110
The non-technical skills for surgeons (NOTSS) structuring observation, feedback and rating of surgeons' behaviours in the operating theatre system handbook v2.0. Available at: https://www.rcsed.ac.uk/media/682516/notss-system-handbook-v20.pdf. Accessed March 2022
- Strategies for improving quality and safety in global health: Lessons from nontechnical skills for surgery implementation in rwanda.Glob Health Sci Pract. 2021; 9 (Available at:): 481-486
WHO Patient Safety & World Health Organization, (2009). WHO guidelines for safe surgery 2009: safe surgery saves lives, World Health Organization https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/44185.
- ERAS society recommendations for improving perioperative care in low- and middle-income countries through implementation of existing tools and programs: An urgent need for the surgical safety checklist and enhanced recovery after surgery.World J Surg. 2021; 45 (Available at:): 3246-3248
- A surgical safety checklist to reduce morbidity and mortality in a global population.New Engl J Med. 2009; 360 (Available at:): 491-499
- Pooled analysis of WHO surgical safety checklist use and mortality after emergency laparotomy.Br J Surg. 2019; 106 (Available at:): e103-e112
- Variation in global uptake of the surgical safety checklist.Br J Surg. 2020; 107 (Available at:): e151-e160
- A team-based approach to introduce and sustain the use of the WHO surgical safety checklist in tanzania.World J Surg. 2019; 44 (Available at:): 689-695
- Effective surgical safety checklist implementation.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 212 (Available at:): 873-879
- Implementation strategies and the uptake of the world health organization surgical safety checklist in low and middle income countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Surg. 2021; 273 (Available at:): e196-e205
- Opportunities and challenges for the next phase of enhanced recovery after surgery: A review.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: 775-784
- Guidelines for antenatal and preoperative care in Cesarean delivery: Enhanced recovery after Surgery Society recommendations (Part 1).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 523.e1-15
- Guidelines for intraoperative care in cesarean delivery: Enhanced recovery after surgery society recommendations (part 2).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: 533-544
- Guidelines for postoperative care in cesarean delivery: Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) society recommendations (part 3).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 247.e1-9